On the occasion of rakhi 2014 every sister wants t make rakhi every year remember able for his brother as well as for herself so to make this celebration more happening each sister seek new ideas for gifts as well as for rakhi. So on trending side of this time rakhi 2014 we bring you some exciting ideas for rakhi that how it can be made at home with simple things and make special moments for brother and sister most amazing ones
Sweet and Simple RakhiThings you will need: 30- inch length multi-colored silk threads, some cotton strands, a pair of scissors, some glue, a hard toothbrush, attractive beads and sequins
How to Make Sweet and Simple Rakhi 2014:• Take a bunch of 30 inch multicolored silk threads and fold them into half
• Next, using the cotton strands, tie a knot at one-fourth of the length of the folded silk threads
• Cut the loops of the folded thread and use a hard brush to give the ends a fluffed appearance
• Now, divide the longer part of the thread into two halves and plait them as you like
• Again, use the cotton thread to tie the ends and fluff the open part up
• These two strands will be used for tying
• Now decorate your Rakhi as you like with the help of sequins and beads by sticking them with the help of some glue. You could create the auspicious “Swastika” symbol on the Rakhi using the beads and sequins or any abstract motif. You could also use the remaining silk strands to create a design along with the sequins and the beads.
Pearl RakhiThings you will need: a reel of silk thread, a cotton thread reel, glue, scissors, a hard toothbrush and some artificial pearls
How to make a Pearl Rakhi 2014:• From the Silk thread reel, cut 25 pieces of 25-inch silk threads
• Fold all the 25 pieces at midpoint and make sure that both their ends meet as exactly as possible
• Just 4 to 5 inches from the midpoint, tie the bundle with some of the cotton thread reel
• Now, we will work on the longer portion of the tied-up bundle to make the tying strand of the final Rakhi
• Divide the longer portion of the bundle into two equal parts
• Plait both the divided portions separately and tie a cotton thread at a point that is 2 inches from the end of the length of the portion. The strings you will use to tie the Rakhi thread are now ready.
• Now with the help of the scissors, cut the shorter portion of the Rakhi thread bundle right at the center. The shorter portion of the bundle will help us in making the center portion of the final Rakhi.
• Taking the toothbrush, brush the threads in a circular manner so that the thread becomes fluffy and the repeated brushing creates a fluffy look in the threads.
• Over this fluffy thread portion, use some glue to stick the artificial pearls in a decorative manner and your own homemade Pearl Rakhi is ready!
Desginer RakhiThis is not just interesting, but also extremely attractive as well. What is great about designer rakhi is that your brother is sure to want to keep this on for several days after the festival is even over. This is not very difficult to make, but once done, it is sure to be a complete stunner.
Things you will need:
- Think cotton or silk thread in a color of your choice.
- Matching beads, pearls and diamond sequins
- A centre piece – this could be an embellished first letter of your brother’s name, or even a decorative decoration
How to make a Designer Rakhi:Start by taking a few strands of the thread, ensuring they are all of equal lengths. Start by tying a tight knot about two inches from the end. Braid or twist the strands such that they start to entwine. Once this is done, decide on the way in which you would like to have the beads and sequins fashioned. Divide them into half so that they may be placed on either side of the centre piece. Thread the decorations onto the thread and then the main decoration. Now thread the remaining sequins and beads before you secure the threads in the same manner that you did at the beginning, and voila! You have a masterpiece ready. This is the perfect rakhi for those who are looking to Send Rakhis to India.
When you make a rakhi by yourself, there are a few rules of thumb that you should follow. The first, most important is the size. You should have some approximation of the size in mind when you make the rakhi. This will ensure that it wears well. Look for the preferences of your brother when selecting a design. Think of colours and styles which suit his personality best, and you are less likely to go wrong. And finally, put in some special touches and love, and your rakhi is sure to be a treasure.
Hope you loved these easy methods of creating hand made rakhi 2014 at home. Do share these methods with your friends and family and check out our more posts for stuff related to Rakhi 2014.
HappyRakhi2014.com wishes you and your family a very Happy Rakhi 2014.
Incoming Search Terms:
- How to make Rakhi 2014
- How to make hand made Rakhi 2014
- How to make Rakhi at home
- How to make hand made Rakhi at home
- How to make hand made Rakhi
- How to make Pearl Rakhi 2014
- How to make Desginer Rakhi 2014
- How to make Sweet and Simple Rakhi 2014