On this auspicious occasion of rakhi 2014 we bring you some great recipes. Any occasion doesn’t start with some good sweets and those made at home are wonderful and they have their own charm. These sweets have their own significance as tradition sisters bring sweets for their brothers along with rakhi. Along with the sweets now in modern times there is trend of chocolates instead of sweets. So here we have some exotic recipes and deserts to make rakhi 2014 a memorable moment.
Jaggery and Fennel Phirni
Ingredients (3 servings)
- Milk 2 ltrs
- Rice 50gm
- Jaggery 200gm
- Fennel powder 25gm
- Silver leaf (for garnish)
- Pistachio (for garnish)
- Wash and soak rice. Make a fine paste and keep aside.
- In a deep vessel boil and reduce milk.
- When the milk is reduced to 1/3rd, add the rice paste stir continuously for 10 minutes.
- Sweeten with jaggery and add fennel powder.
- Dish out in individual dishes and cool in refrigerator.
- Serve cold, garnished with silver leaf and pistachio slivers.
Ingredients (3-4 servings)
- Rice 1 cup
- fresh coconut 1 ½ cup
- grated jaggery 1 ½ cup (according to taste)crushed or grated.
- Cardamom powder ½ tsp
- Cloves 4 nos
- Cashew nuts 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Raisins 1 tbsp
- Ghee or oil 2 tbsp
- Water 2 cups
- Wash rice, drain and keep aside for an hour.
- If you are using desiccated coconut, soak that in warm water.
- Cooking Sweet coconut rice - Narali bhat
- Heat ghee in a deep pan. Reduce heat to minimum. Add cashewnut pieces and fry a little. Remove and keep aside to add later.
- Add cloves. Fry for a few seconds till you get the aroma.
- Add drained rice. Fry for 2 minutes on low flame. If using basmati rice, handle with care.
- Add 2 cups water and cook the rice till just done.
- Add grated jaggery and grated fresh coconut. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Add the cardamom powder, cashew nut pieces, raisins and mix well carefully. Don't let the rice get mushy.
Festive Peanut Butter Burfi
Ingredients (Makes about 24 small pieces)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ Cup milk powder
- ¾ Cup powdered sugar
- ½ Can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ Cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ Cup chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- ¼ Cup chopped salted peanuts
To set and glaze the Burfi -
Spread the mixture in the prepared tray and smooth the top. Immediately put the chocolate chips all over the top of the hot burfi. In a few minutes the chips will soften. Use a small offset spatula or fork to spread the chocolate evenly. Sprinkle the chopped peanuts. Let it set for a while in the refrigerator and then cut into small pieces with a sharp knife that has been dipped in hot water and wiped dry.
Pear Studded Life by Chocolate Cake
- 1/3 cup butter
- 100 gm dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 + 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 Red Anjou/Comice pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- icing sugar, for dusting
- To grease the tin: 1 Tbsp melted butter and 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- Cut a circle of baking parchment to fit the base of 9-inch round spring-form tin. Melt 1 Tbsp butter and brush the base and sides of the tin, then line the base with the parchment and brush again with more butter. Dust 2 Tbsp of caster sugar to coat the base and sides, then tip out any excess.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Take roughly chopped chocolate and butter together in a heat-proof bowl and microwave it for about 1 minute or less till the chocolate has melted completely, stirring in between at the interval of 30 seconds. Whisk in vanilla extract and set aside to cool a little.
- In another smallish bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Put the eggs and brown sugar together in a bowl and using electric mixer’s paddle attachment, beat together vigorously for about 3 minutes until you achieve a pale, aerated and thickened cream-like consistency.
- Turn the speed down a little and pour in the butter-chocolate mixture, beating continuously. Then slowly tip in the dry ingredients. Scrape down the bowl, gently fold in with a spatula and pour the batter into the prepared tin. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the pears. Sprinkle the peeled, halved and cored pears with cinnamon and gently arrange on top of the cake in a circular fashion (as shown in photograph). Bake for another 23-25 minutes till the skewer inserted in the center comes out clean or with a very few chocolate crumbs clinging to it. Do not overcook.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack, still in its tin, and then ease the sides of the cake with a spatula and spring it out of the tin. Leave to cool completely or eat while it is still warm with dusting of icing sugar and a dollop of ice-cream.
Hope you loved these mouth watering Rakhi 2014 recipes. So what are you waiting for go and try these tasty recipes now and serve it fresh. :)
And if you really loved these nice Rakhi 2014 recipes then don't forget to share it with your friends and family
Incoming Search Terms: